Saturday, November 10, 2007

In-Progress At Phoenix: NASCAR RaceDay And Victory Lane


SPEED continues to compete head-to-head with the NASCAR Countdown portion of the ESPN on ABC TV package once again this week in Phoenix, AZ.

NASCAR RaceDay will air live at 1:30PM Eastern Time and run for two hours. The last hour of the program overlaps with NASCAR Countdown.

Later, at 8PM Eastern, SPEED returns to Phoenix with the tape delayed Victory Lane show that is recorded immediately after the race.

John Roberts hosts both programs, alongside of Kenny Wallace and Jimmy Spencer. Wendy Venturini, Hermie Sadler, and Ricki Rachtman join Roberts for RaceDay.

This page will host your comments about these two TV shows on SPEED. You may add your comment before, during, or after the program. Please keep your comment TV-related, and review the rules for posting on the right side of the main page before adding your comment.

To post, simply click on the COMMENTS button below and follow the instructions. There is nothing to join, and we do not want your email address. All we want is your opinion, and we thank you for stopping-by to add your comment.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey JD, did you ever find out why the race started early last week? I apologize if it was posted in one of your blogs and I missed it!

Daly Planet Editor said...

I was absolutely stone-walled on that one. In fact, as you could see from the live SPEED and ABC shows in-progress, I don't think they knew it was coming either.

I was hoping someone would email me with the scoop, but it never happened.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully it won't happen again this week. I always watch Raceday and almost missed the invocation and National Anthem. Some might consider me a little odd but I always stand and put my hand over my heart even if I'm in my living room.

I would like to thank you for your hard work and dedication! I just wish I had found your blog sooner, although it's great being able to read through the archives. And a thank you to Jayski also, without his site I never would have found yours.

Daly Planet Editor said...

Beautiful weather in Phoenix, and RaceDay seems to be in high gear.

What an interesting comparison between the approach of SPEED and the approach of ESPN to creating a NASCAR news and feature program series.

PammH said...

The Speed guys know how to have fun & like each other. I definitely don't get that vibe from the ESPN crew. Plus, their soooo serious. Let loose, for cryin' out loud.

Anonymous said...

Is that Melanie doing the promos for Speed's Holiday show marathons?

I'm having trouble recognizing her with all those clothes on! :-P

Anonymous said...

Ya know JD, I just can't watch ESPN with Raceday on.. I turn over to espn on the commercials (thats about all I can take) this show is so far and above better than anything ESPN can offer pre-race IMO.

Anonymous said...

Just take the difference between Jamie & Wendy on pit road pre-race interviews... mercy!

Anonymous said...

JD, SPEED keeps mentioning NASCAR coverage all week. where will it be? will there be extra shows during the week besides the regular ones?

PammH said...

Check on speedtv.com. It looks like Speed is going to have a show at 8pm every nite this wk. I can't watch VL tonite-another interview w/JJ will turn my stomach.

Newracefan said...

Cool Lowes Move of the Race with JG in victory lane and throwing in the towel (so to speak). JG is a real class act, I wonder with what went on this year if it will give him less boos in the future of course it will prob get JJ more.

Anonymous said...

I don't mind JJ. but if anyone else does, you can all feel free to join victory lane after 8:30. By then they move on to highlights, analysis and interviews with other divers.

Anonymous said...

PammH said...
-another interview w/JJ will turn my stomach.
November 11, 2007 8:20 PM

It actually was a fun interview.

Illpolo said...

i'm pretty sure this site is to critique and analyze the coverage by ESPN, Speed, and anyone else.

It shouldn't matter who wins or how often they win. It shouldn't matter if you can or cannot "stomach" another Jimmie Johnson interview, regardless of if he is the RACE WINNER for the fourth race in a row.

Anonymous said...

interesting fact: during a segment on College Football Live, they used the same music used in the regular intro for Inside Nextel Cup.