Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday From Kansas Belongs To SPEED


It's an eight hour affair from Kansas on SPEED. Friday at noon ET starts the live SPEED coverage that ends with Trackside at 7PM.

John Roberts will be the first face that fans see. "Johnny TV" is a workhorse for the network. Click here for the 2006 story that contained his now classic line. When he first worked as a sports anchor in the Charlotte market he ran a landscaping business to make ends meet. The rest is history.

"People got a kick out of seeing me on television on Sunday and then waking up on Monday to find me mowing their lawns," said Roberts. Well, those days are behind him now.

The complete Friday TV schedule is on the left side of the page. Please use this post to offer comments on the SPEED TV coverage from the Kansas Speedway. To add your comment, just click on the comments button below. Thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where the heck are the Nationwide practice sessions on the TV schedule?

Anonymous said...

Happy Race Weekend Planeteers <3

Anonymous said...

my guess is NW practice is not there because no one is telecasting it....

Charlie said...

Turned on Nascar Sprint practice with no sound and if I didn't know better it looks like I am watching a Sunday race on Fox.
Tight shots, in-car cams. Hard to tell the difference.

Anonymous said...

That is the point. When the next TV contract is negotiated, NASCAR should insist on full practice coverage for the Nationwide series. If ESPN can not guarantee it will do that, then they should not get the contract.

Anonymous said...

John Roberts does a good job for speed.Sometimes we feel sorry for him with Kenny acting so silly all the time but they at least got rid of Spencer and that seemed to give him a bit of a break. We don't watch the Sprint stuff.Enjoyed it for years until it turned into the Darrel Waltrip Show. Same goes for Trackside. Sorry Speed but you've chased us away.

Lisa Hogan said...

Just my opinion:

I don't watch Speed Center. Since I have read several people complaining about Adam Alexander yelling, I decided to check it out.

To my ears, Steve Byrnes, when he is "alone" in the studio, is at the same volume as Adam.

Adam's voice is a higher pitch than Steve's voice. Maybe that is why folks are complaining about him and not Steve.

I would think that the control room would modulate the volume of both men if it is too loud. :)

Roland said...

Why cant they say NATIONWIDE Series! Man its annoying!

Anonymous said...

I watched a few minutes of Friday's Truck and Cup practice before quickly turning it off. Same old repetitive clips we've seen all week. Larry and DW droned on about Biffles cooling hose. Total drivel that we get every week

Anonymous said...

Lisa--when I watch I don't take it as Adam yelling either.

Anonymous said...

Uh is this kansas or charlotteeeee, or maybe Atlanteeee, or maybe....???

Oh who cares? Go back to charlotteee!
I did not watch that either!