Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday Reading Material


It's time for Americans to get up early, head out the door and shop till they drop. That leaves us non-shoppers with some time on our hands while we watch the chaos. Here is a look back at some of the more interesting posts on TDP recently that evoked reader comments. Click on the title to read the column.

ESPN Agenda Still Bothers Stewart (from November 15, 2011)

TV Ratings vs. TV Production (from November 9, 2011)

Media Watch: Jeremy Mayfield (from November 5, 2011)

NBC Sports Invades ESPN's Backyard (from October 27, 2011)

SPEED Takes Another Swing At "Trackside" (from October 21, 2011)

In Praise of Kenny Wallace (from October 14, 2011)

Still No Greenlights For NASCAR (from October 13, 2011)

New Cable TV Network Looks Familiar (from October 4, 2011)

Whether you are grinding it out at the mall, in line at the local big box store or simply have some time on your hands, hope that little flashback helps you through the holiday weekend. New columns start Monday.

4 comments:

PammH said...

JD, no friggin' way I'm going out in the madhouse that will be tonite/Fri!! No amount of savings is worth it to me. Enjoy the wk-end-I will, safe & sound at home...:)

Vicky D said...

PammH -I agree with you who would want go out in that mess???? I am happy just to run to the grocery store and ATM. Have a great weekend fellow planeteers!

AncientRacer said...

I solved this problem with Science. I send others out. Thay have smart phones. They see something on my list they call and they show it to me. If I like it I say, OK.

This does two things: allows me to be there without being actually there and I get the house to myself for an extended period the day after Thanksgiving. Just me and the cats some football and beer. Life, in that space, is good.

PhoenixHotZonie said...

No grinding or dropping here.

Good for young Mr Vettel as "Sebastian Vettel set a new record for pole positions on Saturday at Interlagos, taking his ground-breaking 15th in a season to move ahead of Nigel Mansell whom he equalled in Abu Dhabi." as the headline reads at the F1 site.

History before your eyes. 15 individual poles on 15 unique tracks and climate conditions over the world. That Red Bull Team with hundreds contributing, is one Class Organization.

A Hearty Congratulations to Red Bull Team members!

Rain forecast for Sunday, should be interesting to see the outcome in that event.

It's not NASCAR related, oh well. Still it's one historical day in racing history.

I'm out. Carry on.