Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Readers: Tell Us About Fox Network Problems On Sunday


Emails have been pouring in to The Daly Planet about local Fox TV affiliates leaving the NASCAR NEXTEL race from Richmond on Sunday. Some people have mentioned baseball, while others have talked about local programming and even some infomercials.

If you lived in an area where the race was disrupted by your local Fox Affiliate, please use our COMMENTS section below to leave us information on what station left, and what programming they left the race to show.

There has been no mention in the national press or Jayski.com of any TV station leaving the race intentionally to show other programming. Thanks again to all our loyal readers for being on-the-ball with NASCAR TV issues.

6 comments:

SonicAD said...

I didn't have any problems, but a friend I talked to in Detroit (watching on WJBK - FOX 2) said that the race was cut into by a baseball game one hour in... I sort of understand, because the baseball game was local and already scheduled before the postponement, but the should have tried to find a way to show it on another station, and then given proper notice about it. Fortunately, I know a place to *cough* download full races, so I was able to help him to see it, even if it was a couple days later. I live on the other side of Michigan, but fortunately the the FOX station over here (WXMI) doesn't have the Tigers games, our CW affiliate does instead, so I saw the whole thing with no problems.

Anonymous said...

I live in the Detroit area & channel 2 switched to the Tigers baseball game around 2 pm. It would have been earlier, but there was a rain delay in Kansas. I was furious & called & left a message as to I felt

Damon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

In the Detoit Metro area the race was on for about 45 minutes before being preempted by a Detroit Tiger baseball game...angry I was!

Anonymous said...

I tuned in to FOX at 10:00 am on Sunday to watch the race. Too bad someone didn't tell FOX that the race was supposed to be on then. They started the movie "Paulie". I watched for a couple of minutes waiting for the crawl to say the race was postponed again for rain. I didn't see anything so I searched frantically on the other FOX networks. Nothing. I just happened to switch back to FOX about 10:07 and there was the race. Is NASCAR in charge of FOX's programming now?

Anonymous said...

Our FOX affiliate didn't leave early, but they forgot the sound for the first half of the race. It was a garbled sound that made it impossible to decipher what was being said. I turned on the MRN broadcast and listened to that while I watched the race. I may do that again next week even if the sound is working on FOX.