Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"General Hospital" Sneak Peek With Jeff Burton


Perhaps, it is not exactly like the high-profile appearance by Carl Edwards on Fox's "24" or even Jeff Gordon hosting "Regis and Kelly". But, this Wednesday Jeff Burton gets his opportunity to have a little TV fun outside of the NASCAR world.

Click here for a sneak peek from ESPN the Magazine of Burton's afternoon appearance on the legendary "General Hospital" TV soap opera. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Burton continues to be the unofficial mayor of NASCAR and with good reason. A family man with a supportive wife and a good perspective on life, Burton is a throwback to drivers who enjoyed the sport while trying hard to raise a family and have some fun.

While he has an occasional TV interview, Burton seems content right now to be just a driver and a dad. This season fans have seen the emergence of Hermie Sadler, Ricky Craven and Ray Evernham on high-profile TV assignments. Perhaps, this is in the future for Burton.

Thanks to ESPN for the story link, please feel free to offer your comments on the Burton appearance on GH by clicking the comments button below. This is a family friendly website, please keep that in mind while posting.

Thanks again for taking the time to read The Daly Planet.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like Jeff Burton. Thank goodness he has escaped the creeps that always want to do a make-over on drivers and make them more exciting.

Though I agree that Jeff would be great behind the mike, I have heard him several times say he wants to get into politics when his racing gig is over.

I don't know what his platform would be, but if I only had to vote on character, he'd have my vote.

I see how his brother was able to walk away and devote himself to his foundtion. I can see Jeff doing the same thing and making politics his new passion.

Adam said...

I'm not crazy about this appearance but I respect Jeff Burton.

He really does not need to appear on a soap opera of all things.

Anonymous said...

Soaps and Jeff Burton...

two things I rather not like.

Anonymous said...

Jeff Burton is a straight-up guy who races cleanly and is always classy, no matter the outcome.

He has my respect, and if he happens to guest on a soap, that's just fine.

Anonymous said...

JD - General Hospital may be cool but did you see that ESPN announced they are covering the Bristol Legends race live and Ned Jarrett is returning to ESPN to call the race with DJ Saturday night. How cool is that? Original posting worthy, No? I'll take Rusty Wallace to win...unless one of the 70+ legends puts him in the wall. Bring it on.

Daly Planet Editor said...

We will be posting the ESPN information tonight on TDP.

Newracefan said...

Use to watching GH every day after nursing school and haven't been back since I graduated. Have the DVR set, this should be interesting, I wonder if I'll know anyone besides Jeff, boy how things change.

Anonymous said...

Burton was also on that teen soap "One Tree Hill" a few years back.

Daly Planet Editor said...

Didn't Carl Edwards do a soap a while back as well?

Anonymous said...

Not sure if Carl was on a soap, but I do know he was on "24". I know McMurray was on the soap "Passions" awhile back.

Anonymous said...

Carl Edwards and Mark Martin appeared together on a soap a couple of years ago. I do not recall which one, though (you can probably find the clip on Youtube).